cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How should I measure the power consumption of STM32L011K4 MCU on a Nucleo-32 board?

VDhan
Associate II

Hello all,

We have Nucleo-L011K4 board, it was interfaced with a sensor via I2C, I want to see how much power only the microcontroller is consuming for different clocks with I2C is running.

I have used XLPM01_Power_shield board measure the power consumption, but the current consumption of microcontroller value is always constant for different clocking values (clock configuration done by using STM32cubeMX software). But, according to datasheet the current consumption by microcontroller is changing with different clocks.

Our idea is to run microcontroller in Low power mode by clocking MSI clock at 132 KHz by continuously fetching sensor data over the I2C to achieve better battery life.

Please help me how can we configure the microcontroller in low power mode and at the same time how can we measure how much power MCU is consuming.

Thank you

D.Vishnu

2 REPLIES 2

Most of the current likely comes from the things you connect/interface too, via the pin drivers.

Try to manage all your key tasks with interrupts, and have a main/idle loop used WFI instructions.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I have seen the change in current whenever we connect a external sensor, but it's not changing with different clock input values.