cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FatFs: How do I re-declare the f_mount file system object in a different source file - without remounting the logical drive?

ZurnOmniflo
Associate II

UPDATE: Someone on stackoverflow has assured me that the file system object created by f_mount should indeed work elsewhere in the RTOS, and my issue is one of order of operations rather than a missing file system object. I'll update this thread as soon as I conclude what's going on. In the mean time, if this rings a bell for anyone, please share your thoughts/experiences.

Hi everyone, I'm trying this question here as it's been very hard to find an answer elsewhere on the web.

I'm using an STM32 with an RTOS all set up for FatFs. Everything works fine, except:

I want to use FatFs operations in a source file other than the one that f_mount occurred in. Remounting isn't an option do to the complexity of the RTOS and other operations occuring elsewhere.

I can get a variable to point to the address of the logical drive workspace, it just doesn't know it's the workspace (produces FR_NOT_ENABLED). Does anyone know of a way to tell it this?

I hope this is clear enough!

0 REPLIES 0