cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure Undervoltage Alarm (UVA) of CLT01-38SQ7

Central SUPPORT
Senior II

Hi, I use CLT01-38SQ7. In datasheet (DocID028182 Rev 1) is not clear to me how to use Vcs pin (24V sensor power supply sensing input) for UVA purpose.

In Figure 7. “Logic status of the SCLT3-8BQ7 power supply�? voltage ranges of Vcc and Vc are shown, but I do not understand how these values are determined, since they depend on the values of the voltage divider in the circuit Vcs (pin 14) and his input current.

NOTE: This question and answer originated from a customer support case which was handled by us. We regularly review support cases and add any helpful ones here for all to benefit from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

The Undervoltage Alarm (UVA) region is monitored by means of the pin Vcs. In fact, this is how you can set the alarm detection voltage via Rs and Rpd:

0690X00000895cyQAA.png

For example, with a resistor bridge containing Rs = 1.5 MΩ and Rpd = 120 kΩ will trigger UVA when Vcc drops below 17 V.

Please refer to Application note AN2846 “SCLT3-8 - guidelines for use in industrial automation applications�? where you can find more detailed information.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

The Undervoltage Alarm (UVA) region is monitored by means of the pin Vcs. In fact, this is how you can set the alarm detection voltage via Rs and Rpd:

0690X00000895cyQAA.png

For example, with a resistor bridge containing Rs = 1.5 MΩ and Rpd = 120 kΩ will trigger UVA when Vcc drops below 17 V.

Please refer to Application note AN2846 “SCLT3-8 - guidelines for use in industrial automation applications�? where you can find more detailed information.