cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I developed a board with STM8S003F3 (20 pin) controller on it. I'm trying to connect the board via SWIM but i'm not able to. I'm seeking help to connect my own developed board via SWIM using STM8S Development Kit's programmer.

NikhilAG
Associate

**To confirm connections, I did SWIM on STM8SDiscoveryKit and STM8S103FP6 breakout board & it worked well.

My board connections are as follows (STM8S Development Kit's Programmer ---> STM8S003F3):

VDD -> pin 9

SWIM -> pin 18

GND -> pin 7 (GND)

NRST -> pin 4

NOTE:

1. I've connected 1uF tantalum polarized capacitors across pin 7 and pin 8(Vss & Vcap)
  2. 0.1uf across pin 4 and pin 7 (NRST & Vss)
  3. 1uf tantalum polarized capacitors across pin 7 and pin 9 (Vss & Vdd)

** Attachments below shows the error i get while trying SWIM interface on STVD & STVP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NikhilAG
Associate

Thank you for the reply , I've found the issue apparently ; I replaced my on board controller IC and it worked with same connection as i mentioned in my question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Cristian Gyorgy
Senior III

Hi Nikhil!

If you want help, post some more info: schematics (is the SWIM pin free or something connected to it?), is the MCU not already programmed with pin RESET disabled?

Did you not plug the SWIM cable reversed? Are the jumpers ok set on your Discovery board?

Check all this and it will surely work!

S.Ma
Principal

Your MCU oscillator must be up and clocking to be able to go to SWIM mode

NikhilAG
Associate

Thank you for the reply , I've found the issue apparently ; I replaced my on board controller IC and it worked with same connection as i mentioned in my question.