cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIM3 as Timebase Source on STM32F302RB

Blacbird
Associate II

I recently switched an older project to CubeMX 5.1.0 and the F3 firmware package V1.10.0. We used freeRTOS and tim3 as the timebase source as tim1 and tim2 are already in use. The program does not pass the initial timebase configuration any more and the call of HAL_TIM_IRQHandler(&htim3) in the TIM3_IRQHandler(void) has disappeared. When using any other timer the call is generated and it works if I manually add it in the user code section, could it be that this is a bug in the code generation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Blacbird​ 

Thanks for the feedback, please try the issue with STM32CubeMX version 5.2.0. The problem is solved.

(Your attention please: in your .ioc file, you have used TIM4 as timebase source not TIM3 ).

Best regards,

Nesrine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Blacbird​ 

Could you please send me your .ioc file to check the problem.

Best regards,

Nesrine

Blacbird
Associate II

Hi @Nesrine.JLASSI​,

I appended the .ioc file. Sorry that it took that long for me to answer, I forgot that I disabled the notifications.

best wishes,

Tobias

Hi @Blacbird​ 

Thanks for the feedback, please try the issue with STM32CubeMX version 5.2.0. The problem is solved.

(Your attention please: in your .ioc file, you have used TIM4 as timebase source not TIM3 ).

Best regards,

Nesrine.

Blacbird
Associate II

Hi @Nesrine.JLASSI​ ,

thank you for your answer! The issue was indeed fixed with the last cubeMX version. We used TIM4 in the .ioc to evade the problem and keep on developping.

best wishes,

Tobias