cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whether STM32F469VGT6 chip has ethernet function with RMII connections ?

PPa
Associate II

We have chosen STM32F469VGT6 for our application. We have Ethernet as one of the main functions of our board. We are planning to use external PHY chip. However, we are not able to find out whether this particular part has Ethernet function with RMII connections. 

We could not find out pins for ETH_RMII_RXD0 and ETH_RMII_RXD1 on LQFP100 part.

It is not explicitly mentioned in any of the documents such as datasheet or reference manual. Please let us know the answer. 

7 REPLIES 7
T J
Lead

are you looking in the cube ?

or the reference manual ?

its the datasheet you want t see..

100pin, maybe its not there

check the datasheet pinout table,

look for the LQPF-172 pinout, the RXd0/D1 pins will be there,

but likely blank in the LQFP-100 column.

PPa
Associate II

I looked in the datasheet and reference manual both. I see NC in LQFP-100 column. When this device is selected in STM product selector it shows that the Ethernet is available. Unfortunately, now we are stuck.

PPa
Associate II

0690X0000088pm9QAA.png

Did you make a PCB ?
and now the pins are not running ?
but they exist in the cube ?

are you using the DSI ?

you will have to change processor…
PPa
Associate II

We did make PCB for our first version which does not use ethernet. So, in this revision only change is modify it to add ethernet PHY chip and connections. However, if I have to change the chip package then it is almost re-doing the whole PCB design.

I am not using cube. We build the code in linux.

If they exist in cube, then, at least there should be a pin number to it. Because, finally the signal have to appear on pin-pad. So can you help me by posting an image or pin table for ETH_RMII_RXD0 and ETH_RMII_RXD1 ?

DSI I am not aware of.

Change processor, you mean the chip package ? Or any pin compatible different STM MCU ?

Yes, the F427 has that pin exposed as you need, DSI is missing and some other pins look to be shifted.
There are so many variants,
The LQFP 144 chips look to be well aligned between processors these days..
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

After check the MCU Selector: Ethernet is not supported for STM32F469 on LQFP100 package.

As mentionned in the STM32F469xx datasheet: the pins are not bonded (not-connected) for the ETH_RMII_RXD0 and ETH_RMII_RXD1 on LQFP100 package. They must be configured by software to output push-pull and forced to “0�? in the output data register to avoid extra current consumption in low power modes.

Regards

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen