cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX - Conflicting Generated Function Call Ranks

BHans
Associate

I have a fairly simple project defined in CubeMX based on one of the H7-series of STM32 parts. This project utilizes a number of peripherals and DMA channels, including the MDMA and RTC peripherals.

As I configured an additional DMA channel for a USART, CubeMX seemed to "break down" at this, and began overlapping several function calls when they were generated. It also began to leave one call in main() out each time I regenerated code. Upon further inspection, I realized that each time I save my project, even without any changes to my project settings, I can cause CubeMX to reorder the items in the "Project Manager"->"Advanced Settings" page. Additionally, it doesn't contain a "3" rank item, and it continually swaps between showing any two of the "MX_DMA_Init", "MX_MDMA_Init", or "MX_RTC_Init" functions.

It's extremely bizarre behavior, and it's giving me far less confidence in my generated code if there's weird faults going on during the process that are seemingly uncontrollable by myself.

Has anyone experienced this before, and might be able to shed some light on what I'm doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​hello @BHans​ 

Thank you for the feedback,

This is reported internally for further check.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

@BHans​  could you please share your ioc file?

Khouloud.​

BHans
Associate

Do you have a method by which I can upload directly to you instead of to a public forum? I cannot share this .ioc publicly.

@BHans​ 

you can send it as a private message.

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​@BHans​ 

You are right, issue will be fixed in the next release.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.