cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLE_SensorDemo from Blue Tile DK source file issues.

BPaik
Senior

Compiling the BLE_SensorDemo sources in True Studio does not generate the same .hex as the precompiled .hex provided in the "Firmware" directory. The precompiled .hex works with the BLE Sensor app when loaded onto the BlueTile, but the .hex compiled from sources does not. When comparing both .hex files, they appear to be mostly identical except for about 200 lines of data at the beginning of the precompiled .hex that does not exist in the .hex generated in True Studio. It seems like there are either issues with some of the source files or project settings and it is not clear to me what needs to be corrected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BPaik
Senior

After comparing/analyzing the .hex files more closely, I realized that the data missing from the compiled sources is the bootloader code in the RESET section. I discovered that the "BLE Reset Manager" project compiles to generate the missing hex data. If I load the "BLE Reset Manager" hex first, followed by the "BLE Sensor Demo", the Blue Tile works with the app as expected. However, the pre-compiled hex provided in the "Firmware" directory contains program data for both projects in a single hex file.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BPaik
Senior

After comparing/analyzing the .hex files more closely, I realized that the data missing from the compiled sources is the bootloader code in the RESET section. I discovered that the "BLE Reset Manager" project compiles to generate the missing hex data. If I load the "BLE Reset Manager" hex first, followed by the "BLE Sensor Demo", the Blue Tile works with the app as expected. However, the pre-compiled hex provided in the "Firmware" directory contains program data for both projects in a single hex file.