cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMFlashLoader Demo.exe on an STM32F756EVAL.

rammit
Senior

Trying to use the STMFlashLoader Demo.exe on an STM32F756EVAL.

The auto baud detection in the UART bootloader seems to only sometimes work at 9600 baud. I try higher bauds but it fails. And there is no Speed command (0x03) like the CAN protocol has to change it. Has anyone else had this problem?

3 REPLIES 3

I think there have been complaints about the system loader. Problem with the board, as I recall, is that you have an RS232 and ST-LINK/VCP sharing a USART, with jumper settings, and a loader that really needs to have no noise on other interfaces when it starts. I'd recommend reviewing the schematic to see what exactly is attached to the pins in question.

The Flash Loader Demo has been deprecated, consider STM32 Cube Programmer as the current offering.

The EVAL board might well also come up in USB/DFU mode via one of the USB FS connections.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
rammit
Senior

Thanks!

I didn't know about the new STM32 Cube Programmer.

So far, no joy though. I can't connect at any baud rate even though some bytes are being passed back and forth. I don't have a USB cable connected to the USB_FS1 connector. I could try removing R117 to disconnect the USB_FS1_ID signal from UART1_RX, but I don't see how it could be interfering. Outside of the bootloader, I have used the UART1 successfully with my own firmware. I'll check for noise on other ports. Are there any known issues with the auto-baud detect?

rammit
Senior

Update: I can connect at 9600 baud. So same results as with the FlashLoader. The UI of the Cube Programmer needs some bugs ironed out, though. I have to restart it lots. Is there any source code available for the CAN bootloader protocol?