cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running STM324x9I-EVAL_USBH-FS on an STM32429I-EVAL board

jhorwood28
Associate II

Apologies in advanced for the amateur question here folks I am new to STM devices and the cube and truestudio and am trying to understand it better. Im developing a product that has a requirement for USB communications. So I have loaded the example project from the cube demo projects for F4 in STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.0 folder into truestudio. I can build and run the project but I am not sure how to use the example... I have the following questions:

• Do I connect an RS232 to a machine and talk to that using a terminal program?
  • do I need a particular configuration on that serial port?
  • What configurations do I need on the terminal program connected to the virtual com port from the USB FS port1?
  • What should I expect to see when using this demo project?

4 REPLIES 4
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Why RS232? Do you want to implement a "USB COM port" aka CDC device, or talk to USB COM port device (as host)?

If you act as USB device, what is the host: a PC (Windows? Linux?) or something else?

-- pa

Following the configuration 1 from the readme:

" - Configuration 1: 

Connect USB cable to host and UART (RS232) to a different host (PC or other device) or to same host.

In this case, you can open two hyperterminals to send/receive data to/from host to/from device."

The host is a windows 7 PC

The VCP typically sets the USART baud rate to whatever you configure the VCP too.

With the RS232 port on the EVAL boards check the jumpering as usually several options. See User Manual for board.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Is that configured within the source code? I have set jumper JP7 to RS232_RX