cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compilation error about FPU

MYu
Associate II

18:03:10 **** Rebuild of configuration Debug for project 190320_STM32_motor_test_1shunt ****

Info: Internal Builder is used for build

arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu11 -DARM_MATH_CM4 -D__weak=__attribute__((weak)) -D__packed=__attribute__((__packed__)) -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F302x8 -I../Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32F3xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../MCSDK_v5.3.3/MotorControl/MCSDK/MCLib/Any/Inc -I../MCSDK_v5.3.3/MotorControl/MCSDK/MCLib/F3xx/Inc -I../MCSDK_v5.3.3/MotorControl/MCSDK/UILibrary/Inc -I../MCSDK_v5.3.3/MotorControl/MCSDK/SystemDriveParams -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F3xx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -IC:\Users\Mando\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO\STM32_workspace_9.3\190320_STM32_motor_test_1shunt\TrueSTUDIO\User -Ofast -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -g -fstack-usage -Wall -specs=nano.specs -o Drivers\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Source\MatrixFunctions\arm_mat_mult_fast_q15.o ..\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Source\MatrixFunctions\arm_mat_mult_fast_q15.c 

In file included from ../Drivers/CMSIS/Include/arm_math.h:304:0,

from ..\Drivers\CMSIS\DSP_Lib\Source\MatrixFunctions\arm_mat_mult_fast_q15.c:41:

../Drivers/CMSIS/Include/core_cm4.h:153:8: error: #error "Compiler generates FPU instructions for a device without an FPU (check __FPU_PRESENT)"

Target: F302R8

I use NUCLEO-F302R8 and motor extension board.

I mad a source file by using MX, however these FPU error isn't resolved by myself.

How can I verify the FPU number of the MCU and the comile error solution?

1 REPLY 1
Lead

Add __FPU_PRESENT to the preprocessor defines of your project (as the error message suggests).