cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i get St-link Utility External Flash loader source code?

ikassma
Senior

hi dear.

I built a custom board based on the Stm32f796i-discovery Board.

I am trying to link TouchGFX but I can not write image to External Flash Memory (MX25L5124G).

The MX25L512G_STM32F769I-DISCO.stldr file is located in the External Loader folder of the ST-link utility.

I am sure someone will have an IAR Project for this file.

Can I get the IAR Project file for this file?

7 REPLIES 7
Imen Ezzine
ST Employee

Hi ikassma,

I will woulk your request internally and see If I can come back with the the IAR Project you need for MX25L512G_STM32F769I-DISCO.stldr.

-Imen

thank you for your answer. if you can send iar project file at to my e mail address

Hi ikassma,

I did check for you and unfortunately I couldn't find the code source on IAR.

What I can suggest to you is to take a look at STM32F769 Firmware (here) under Drivers/BSP. You will find the QSPI drivers needed for the STM32F769I-Discovery board. You can include these files (.c/.h) in your project or just use the needed functions to perform actions to the External Flash Memory (write etc...)

I hope this help!

-Imen

It was written in Keil using the "F5" SPL, not likely something that's going to see the light of day..

Are you using different pins/clocks to the F769-DISCO ?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I actually solved this problem a year ago.

I solved the problem for about two weeks, and I wanted the project file because I wanted to compare it to the code I wrote.

I think ST's guidelines on how to program an external loader should be clearly documented. Please consider this.

To solve the problem a year ago, I solved it through various tests. I don't want anyone else to go through this trial and error.

Hi ikassma,

I believe the Drivers/BSP files should contain the needed steps to handle external memory (read, write etc...).

Nevertheless ST is in the process of placing Flash loader source codes on Github, I just don't have an official date on when it will become public for users.

Thank you for your feedbacks!

-Imen

Hi Imen.​

The problem I encountered was that when the process of initializing was made as a single function and used, there was a symptom of freezing while trying to ERASE some pages of QSPI NOR FALSH.

I have been using it without any problems since I solved it one by one without making it a function.

I don't know why, but I think it was because I wasn't familiar with how to download and operate the code in the MCU's RAM. I think you will definitely need this.

thank you ^ㅡ^​