cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A PROBLEM WITH STM32F730 USING CMSIS_DSP

yezoli
Associate

I had tried to compile a project with only a 64-point fft. But it turned out to be like"fft\fft.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching arm_common_tables.o(.constdata)."

I cannot believe it as I can run fft on basic STM32F103, but fail on F730 with 64K flash and 256K RAM. I think there is something wrong with my code. But I only add a line of fft on the code generated by STM32CUBEMX. And I do the same on Nucleo-stm32f767, it performs well.

So is STM32F730 itself unable to do fft?

4 REPLIES 4

Depends how much stuff you're trying to cram into 64KB, because clearly more than that isn't going to fit. Perhaps look more deeply at the error messages to see how much they say your code and initialization data will actually take.

Part likely has 512KB of FLASH, go into the Target options tab and increase IROM from 0x10000 to 0x80000, see if it builds/programs with that. At the very least you'll get a metric about how large it is.

>>So is STM32F730 itself unable to do fft?

Clearly that is non-sense. What it won't be able to do is cope with massive bloat.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Remember initialized data structures you have in RAM *will* consume FLASH from where the initial content is copied.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Lead

> But it turned out to be like"fft\fft.axf: Error: L6406E: No space in execution regions with .ANY selector matching arm_common_tables.o(.constdata)."

Did you check the map file, what it says about "arm_common_tables" ?

yezoli
Associate

Thanks for your attention and advice. I had checked it and it seems that 64kb is too tight for running the CMSIS_DSP. So could I run it in the external nor-flash using quadspi interface.