cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Interface MEMS Microphone to BlueNRG-2..? Is it Either Using IO pints or ADC.? Can anybody share the reference?

RN.304
Associate II

I need to connect Microphone to BlueNRG-2 and How Can I interface with the Chip.?

6 REPLIES 6
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​hi, it depends on the microphone you are using. If the mic is analog (differential or single ended like MP23ABS1), you have to interface it to ADC pins (ADC1 and ADC2 --> OUTP and OUTN). If the mic is digital (e.g. MP34DT05-A) you can directly connect it to PDM interface (IO1x and IO2x pins --> CLK and DATA)

Because of it's a 10bit ADC, if you are interest to a good SNR I suggest you to use a digital microphone.

Regards

0690X00000881P5QAI.png

Dear Eleon,

Thanks for the input and yes I am using digital MIC. so I can connect directly to any IOx pin which has PDM functionality as per the GPIO table right.?

Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

​yes, you're right. You can use IO pins in Serial2 mode that support PDM (up to 2 mics per line, if working in stereo mode). Regards

Thanks for the Input Eleon.

Hi Eleon,

High speed clock can be 16MHz or 32MHz which one would you recommend..? form the EVM i can see they have used 32MHz and any recommended crystal Part for the same.

Thanks

Rajesh.

hi Rajesh, if you want to use the internal clock, you are limited to the internal high-speed ring oscillator 16MHz, but I agree with you to use the external 32MHz clock.