cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32l053R8Tx programming done, not running.

ASING.91
Associate II

I have a STM32l053R8x on a nucleo board which runs the GPIO example toggle program in HAL examples. I have developed my own board with STM32L053R8Tx and I am able to program it, erase it (I say this since I get Programming done and verify Ok and Erase done etc when I do the respective tasks in Keil). But the program doesn't run. Any suggestions about the reasons.

sorry I forgot to tell that it ran once in the first attempt before I asked the question and after that there has been no luck till now to run even the same program.

4 REPLIES 4
Lead

Assuming a basically identical MCU, your board can still be different, or contain HW bugs.

Enabling HSE might fail, for instance.

Set a breakpoint at the reset vector, and step through your code to see where it fails.

ASING.91
Associate II

the MCU is only connected via i2c to a accelerometer. Kindly suggest some of the HW bugs according to this configuration.

Also when I start the debug session, the run icon is faded and the program is already running according to keil. But there is no change in the register values. When I try to go step by step. The yellow cursor only moves in Disassembly window.

How do I put a breakpoint at reset vector?

Why could enabling HSE enabling fail ?

I use the eventrecorder in the nucleo to do some printf debugging ? I tried the same with the new stm32 but it behaves as if it has nothing, no printing, no movement in the c code window, no change in registor values while running.

Make sure BOOT0 is pulled low. And you have a working HSE crystal or clock source. Try commenting out the call to SystemClock_Config(), the processor will continue to run with the default clocks it started with.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Well I tried with BOOT0 low and systemClock_config() commented out, individually and simulataneously. No luck as of now.