cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L010K8 Flash WRPERR error

SThom.7
Associate II

I am using an STM32L010k8 device, every second word write to Flash using the HAL driver function HAL_FLASH_Program() generates a write protection fault (WRPERR bit in FLASH_SR). If I retry the write to the same address the error is not present

Is this an errata on the device or bug in the HAL driver? Errata sheet is not available for this device.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello,

The Errata sheet doesn’t exist now. This is planning in future to write errata for this device.

This is 64kB device, so you can check another STM32L0 errata according the Flash memory as the errata: STM32L053x6 STM32L053x8.

Otherwise, could you please provide more details on the faced issue and which Cube firmware package using ?

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
SThom.7
Associate II

Hi Imen,

Thanks for the reply. The problem I had turned out to be a corrupt pointer in my application, that was modifying the Flash registers, my apologies for that.

The current version of the HAL flash driver does not support half-page writes, do you know when that will be implemented?

Lastly I have noticed the flash is cleared to zeros when it is erased (and not 0xFFFFFFFF), is this because of the EEPROM/NVM interface?