cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L151VE ADC reads 20% lower value on one of the ADC inputs (channel 18, pin B12)

Pavel Krupets
Associate III

Not sure if I messed something up. Signal is okay (on the pin). No differences with layout compared to other inputs. ADC is at full speed (16 MHz).

On image it is sensor 22 (reads ~2500). Sensor 23, 24, 25 all read normal values (~3000).

Voltages on all those pins is ~2.8V.

VREF, VDDA, VDD = 3.3V.

0690X0000087sCRQAY.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeDB
Lead

Ok what you could do is set up the code to repeatedly measure just one ADC and measure the current through the VDDA pin. Repeat for the good and bad ADCs and see if there is a significant difference. Means lifting the pin but at least it's not a BGA. Can't think of anything else I'm afraid.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Your layout does not help to identify what Port Pins you use. How fast is your sampling? Maybe this is some issue with fast versus slow channels when sampling fast.

Exactly, there is a charge-up of the S&H capacitor involved.

Too short sample times create a "drag over" or pseudo-crosstalk effect.

Pavel Krupets
Associate III

16 MHz (1 mega samples), 4 cycles sampling time.

Only 1 channel out of 24 which are all read in sequence reads lower value (consistently). I moved it around in a sequence but it didn't change anything.

Correction: sampling it multiple times does change the reading.

Pavel Krupets
Associate III

Similar problem with 16 cycles sampling time.

MikeDB
Lead

Can we see the top side of the PCB ?

Pavel Krupets
Associate III

0690X0000087wCBQAY.png0690X0000087wC6QAI.png

MikeDB
Lead

Actually that's the best connected of the lot. Something the other end of the track maybe ?

MikeDB
Lead

Have you examined the PCB with a magnifying glass and checked you don't have a manufacturing fault on that pin ?

Pavel Krupets
Associate III

I checked signal on oscilloscope and it looks just fine. Both ends. Signal is low frequency, analog.

Not a lot of noise in signal lines.

0690X0000087wDJQAY.png

0690X0000087wCzQAI.png