cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two different IPS160H pinouts found

Central SUPPORT
Senior II

I am using IPS160H switch as a power switch input to DC/DC converters. But now I am confused to see a discrepancy between the data sheet and the STEVAL-IFP028V1 evaluation board

schematics how to power the chip (Vcc).

a) In IPS160H datasheet it says that pins 1 and 12 should be connected to Vcc:

0690X0000087pSHQAY.png

b) But in schematic diagram of STEVAL-IFP028V1 Evaluation Board (AN4781) pins 1 and 12 not connected:

0690X0000087pSlQAI.png

So my question is: Which of above pin connection diagram is correct?

NOTE: This question and answer originated from a customer support case which was handled by us. We regularly review support cases and add any helpful ones here for all to benefit from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

Both diagrams a) and b) are correct because pins 1 and 12 are internally shorted with the dedicated copper area connecting the exposed pad of the PSSO12 package (pin 13, "TAB") which is acting as a heat sink. When you look at full schematic diagram of STEVAL-IFP028V1 you will notice that pin 13 is connected to Vcc. Consequently, also pins 1 and 12 are connected to Vcc. This allows flexible board layout development according to specific requirements of target system.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Central SUPPORT
Senior II

Both diagrams a) and b) are correct because pins 1 and 12 are internally shorted with the dedicated copper area connecting the exposed pad of the PSSO12 package (pin 13, "TAB") which is acting as a heat sink. When you look at full schematic diagram of STEVAL-IFP028V1 you will notice that pin 13 is connected to Vcc. Consequently, also pins 1 and 12 are connected to Vcc. This allows flexible board layout development according to specific requirements of target system.