cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F746G-Disco + SW4STM32 + CubeMX. Sending program - java io error

TCygan
Associate II

I'm following the document "TouchGFX with SW4STM32.pdf" from this board.

First, I created a project in CubeMX, then TouchGFX and SW4STM32. The sw4stm32 compiled successfully, but I'm not able to send the program to the board. If you look at the document attached, I'm stuck on step 13 C 3 of page 13. See the screen attached.

Any advice?

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

@Mon2​ @Clark Sann​ - You guys probably have an idea about this.

Clark Sann
Senior

I've had so many problems with SW4STM32 and TouchGFX and so I haven't spent much time on this for the last few months. I do know I did not experience this error when I wrote the procedure. Since then it is possible that changes to SW4STM32 or CubeMX might cause problems. At the beginning of the document I show the versions I used. However, I believe your problem has something to do with your java and SW4STM32 installations, not TouchGFX.

What OS are you using?

Did you have Java installed before you installed SW4STM32? If so, you may not have the right version installed. I looked back and I have Java SE 8.5 installed. You also should make sure you have not installed multiple versions of the Java runtime.

Let me know if any of this helps.

TCygan
Associate II

Thank you all for replying promptly. I'll review and give it a try later. I too had a lot of problems setting up the environment.

What is the new recommended way for working with STM32F746G-Disco + SW4STM32 + CubeMX? I haven't had much success with Atollic, but I didn't have a good step by step guide as I did for AC6.

TCygan
Associate II

Checked - I run the latest java. Java 8 build 201 on my Windows 10 machine.

Clark Sann
Senior

You may not want to do this, but the only other thing I can think of is to uninstall SW4STM32 and uninstall Java. Reboot. Then reinstall SW4STM32 and see if that helps. It should install whatever Java it needs. Or maybe wait to see if anyone else chimes in with a solution.

For me, I am done with SW4STM32. I find it's debugging to be awful. Breakpoints don't work correctly.

I want to switch over to True Studio but I can't get it to build a TouchGFX app and I'm getting tired of so many problems.