cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is still a Bug in HAL SD driver code

CWaec
Associate II

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get a SD card running on a Nucleo-L476RG in SDMMC (SDO) mode. Unfortunatelly I had a problem for days now and just found out, that this is a known bug already posted nearly one year ago. For this topic, please see here: https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X00009XkY9GSAV/bug-in-hal-sd-driver-code

I can confirm, that this error is still there, using the newest CubeMX 5.1.0 and the STM32Cube MCU package for STM32L4 Series in Version 1.13.0

Is it possible to say, when a version with this error fixed will be released?

Best regards,

Christian

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, probably has issues with older cards, seen 256 MB Kodak ones have issues, are people really using those much? I can get 64GB cards for $16 USD

Don't expect ST to fix or provide retail ready code, if you want robust commercial code you're going to have to build/test that yourself. It is very dangerous to be dependent on third-parties for the quality expectations and deadlines your own products have.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
CWaec
Associate II

Yes, I agree with you, that the ST code is more for evaluating than for serious operation. That's why I'm using some older cards from 32 MB to 16 GB (!), but none of them worked because of this issue. Also I would expect theses cards to work, because there is even a check in the code, whether or not it is a V1.x or V2.x card.

Also it should not be such a big thing to add the code line to the file for the next release 😉

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @CWaec​ ,

Your post was a reminder for us to review the reported issue regarding stm32l4xx_hal_sd.c.

I I am not sure that it was already reported to our development team, so this was an opportunity to do it.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.