cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving to different package STM32F429ZI -> STM32F429II, is there anything to change on TouchGFX BSP?

andrea venturi
Associate III

hi, i'm developing a TouchGFX Designer based app on STM32F429I-DISC1 that's based on STM32F429ZI LQFP144 pin MCU. so far so good, but..

we need more IO pins to they told me our custom board will be based on STM32F429II which is LQFP176. i asked them to map all the peripherals on the same PORT/PIN i'm using currently (and then other will be configured..) but i'm wondering if there's something lowlevel i need to change to have "smoothless" transition.

did anyone made the same process and have advice to share?

thanx

2 REPLIES 2
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Community member​,

Who are "they"? I haven't done this particular transition, but sounds like you won't have to do that much. other than additional pin configuration. Are you using CubeMX for this?

/Martin

andrea venturi
Associate III

hi, thanx for the quick reply

"they" are the HW dept. in my company, of course..

i'm not using CubeMX for enabling more "pin" and "functions" but i'm just delving into the source code and copy/extend what already present in the TouchGFX BSP.

i don't want CubeMX to mess with the current capability to extend/adapt the UI by TouchGFX Designer 🙂

so you do believe that the ELF file good for the STM32F429ZI is already good for the STM32F429II! great. i'm gonna try as soon as i have the custom board at hand.

on the other hand, i have got a board with STM32F429IG (LQFP176 with only 1MB of internal flash..), and this could be a first step to check the change of package.

do you think that i have to config somewhere the FLASH size (makefile's linker or later steps?) or it's just a matter to check the ELF file size do not get bigger then 1MB?

bye