cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to disable GFXSimulator in CubeMx 5.1? For STM32F429 CubeMx often displays warnings that some simulation settings are incorrect even for projects which have nothing to do with graphics.

ax0018
Associate III

9 REPLIES 9

Hi @ax0018​ 

The GFXSimulateur is activated if all necessary IPs are activated ie DMA2d and LTDC mainly.

If there are errors, it means that there is a wrong configuration and this depends on your application.

So, can you please send me more details to check the problem?

Best regards,

Nesrine

ax0018
Associate III

Hi

Example:

New STM32F429ZIT (no board selected). HSE clock, PLL, HCLK set 80 MHz. None of the peripherals and pins are used, only simple timer TIM7 is enabled. Code is generated successfully until TIM7 interrupt is enabled in NVIC. As soon as interrupt is enabled GFX simulator warning is displayed. More than that, even if interrupt is disabled the warning does not disappear. Same happens with other timers with interrupts enabled. And GFX simulator functions are added to the project even if it has nothing to do with LTDC!

Looks like CubeMX 5.1 bug?

Hi

Example:

New STM32F429ZIT (no board selected). HSE clock, PLL, HCLK set 80 MHz. None of the peripherals and pins are used, only simple timer TIM7 is enabled. Code is generated successfully until TIM7 interrupt is enabled in NVIC. As soon as interrupt is enabled GFX simulator warning is displayed. More than that, even if interrupt is disabled the warning does not disappear. Same happens with other timers with interrupts enabled. And GFX simulator functions are added to the project even if it has nothing to do with LTDC!

Looks like CubeMX 5.1 bug?

​Hi @ax0018​ 

I don't think that it's a CubeMX 5.1 bug because having a warning=missing configuration so, could you please send me your .ioc file to check the problem?

Best regards,

Nesrine

Hi,

It might be very easy to reproduce:

1. Start CubeMx and Select STM32F429ZIT;
  2. Enable timer TIM7 (set prescaler and period to any reasonable values);
  3. Enter project name and select Keil MDK V5 as IDE;
  4. Click Generate code.
  5. Steps 1 - 4 work successfully - no issues.
  6. Now simply select NVIC in the list of peripherals and enable TIM7 interrupt;
  7. Click Generate code.
  8. At this point the GFXSimulator(?) warning is displayed;

Hi @ax0018​ 

Thanks for the feedback,

You can ignore this GFXSimulator warning and continue working normally, it has no effect on code generation.

Best regards.

Nesrine

Hi,

I know it works, it just looks like some cleanup is needed in the next revision of cubemx. In the above scenario when the warning is displayed (and ignored), an empty GFX_Simulator_Init function is still included in the project which has nothing to do with this simulator. 

MEder
Associate III

​I agree,  I have a problem with ANY complier Warnings.  And with Empty functions that perform no function.

These can't be in my design, they raise too many questions.

Hi @ax0018​ 

Thanks for the feedback.

You are right, i was able to reproduce the issue and it will be fixed in the next STM32CubeMX release.

Best Regards,

Nesrine.