cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i add I-CUBE-LRWAN libraries to my own project?

Selim Sagir
Associate III

Hello,

Once i create a project with CubeMX for B-L072Z-LRWAN1 kit, how i can add I-CUBE-LRWAN libraries externally. Before this project i used ping-pong example in called library. It was divergent for which i want to do.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, in my experience the Semtech based driver code is using an entirely different paradigm. I think the trick here is to be able to code HAL, or register level, directly rather than use machine generated code.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Selim Sagir
Associate III

Thanks a lot for your answer, but i have not qualification for coding with register level for now and i am trying to use HAL libraries and LoRa libraries. So, which files or libraries I need for a fresh LoRa project after created with CubeMX?

Thanks for help.

Here I don't use CubeMX, I'm instrument rated.

Given most of what's specific to PingPong is all in main.c the simplest route is typically to fork an existing project or framework, clone the project to another directory, cut out the junk you don't want/need and merge in the functionality you want.

Got a bunch of I2c sensor or display code, build it in HAL or CubeMX, test it in isolation, and then pull the core functionality into a file that encapsulates the initializes and relevant code. CubeMX wants to spread it across a whole load of files, but you need to pull it together more cohesively.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
d.hinojosa.cordova
Associate II

My advice is to usethe test codes (STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.2.1), open the projects in either IAR, KEIL or SW4STM32 and edit them for your needs.

Cheers.

Selim Sagir
Associate III

Thanks for your advice.