cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggest me that how I feed audio signal to MCU ?

LACTIC
Associate II

7 REPLIES 7
MikeDB
Lead

via an AKM ADC or codec 🙂

I use the AK4556 which is very cheap and has excellent performance, and connects directly to either the I2S or SAI ports.

Cypress, TI and Wolfson also make suitable devices. Cypress has some very small package devices but personally I think the AKM ones sound the best.

MikeDB
Lead

Or if by audio, you mean actual microphones, then some devices (H and some Fs) do have direct support for PDM microphones.

S.Ma
Principal

I2S/SPI

SAI

DFSSM

PDM

As far as audio is concerned, precise clock timings are required. Keep in mind.

Thanks Sir.

Thanks Sir

LMart.15
Associate

A multipoint control unit (MCU) is a type of video conferencing hardware that bridges terminals involved into a multi-point conference system. MCU makes it possible for a multipoint audio/video conference to be controlled and moderated from a single location.

Audio signals are representations of sound as electrical alternating currents between 20 Hz – 20,000 Hz (range of human hearing). Microphone audio signals are signals produced by microphone transducers. Electrically, they are measured in millivolts (mV) or decibels relative to voltage (dBV or dBu).

In the simplest form, an MCU will sense the inputs and drive the outputs according to the logic it was programmed. For example, a temperature display controller links a temperature sensor and an LCD display to the MCU. The MCU will sample the temperature value as an analog input and convert it to a digital value

QSHAO.1
ST Employee

Normally, ST MCU support audio codec via I2S/SAI port. MEMs microphone can be supported by PDM, MDF, ADF interfaces.