cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROI for the VL53L1X

GRoes
Associate

I'm looking for an example of reducing the ROI with the API for the VL53L1X. I prefer the API released by POLOLU, since I am working with an Arduino, but anything at this point will be greatly welcomed!  POLOLU directed me to your site. From the documentation of your API I cut and paste the setup for reducing the ROI but I must be doing something wrong. A working example of code, be it with the ST'sl API or POLOLU's smaller API might be a big help to me and other VL53L1X enthusiasts.

1 REPLY 1
John E KVAM
ST Employee

What you are looking for is the VL53L1X UltraLite Driver. We wrote this specifically for small projects.

The API is less feature full, but it's a lot more straight forward.

In order to get thing running right however, there needs to be an interface layer between our API and your CPU. We call this a 'platform' layer.

polulu support too many MCU/CPU in order for me to recommend one, but I'll put a project here that might help.

If you don't have Linux, edit the platform.c file to suit your needs.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question. It helps the next guy.