cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esc001v1 does not connect to motor control workbench

Rsi
Associate II

Hi. I'm trying to control bldc using esc001v1, but I cannot connact to motor control workbench.

And motor profiler doen't works too.

When I using motor profiler, it tells me that f/w doesn't match and after upgrade the f/w,

it telling me that serial port is not connected.

I check the serial port works well with my custom f/w(only works uart, baudrate 115200).

When I using motor control workbench, the default mcu is set as stm32f302, but esc001v1 embedded the stm32f303.

please help me.

thanks for reading.

5 REPLIES 5

Hi,

the MCU embedded (48pin) in the ESC001V1 has the same characteristics compare with f302 for this reason you can read in the workbench the different name, so don't worry about it.

What do you mean with "....I check the serial port works well with my custom f/w...." ? What USB/UART dongle are using for communication ?

Regards,

Giuseppe

Rsi
Associate II

Thanks for reply to my question.

I use the h/w system to serial communication with the sp3232 embedded module and serial/usb dongle.

The serial/usb dongle can buy on "https://eleparts.co.kr/goods/view?no=2925881".

I tested my custom f/w to check the serial communication with these h/w system, and it works well.

My English is not so good, but I hope you understand what I mean.

Thank you.

​- Could you check if the TX,RX coming from the USB dongle has 3.3V level ?

- Did you try to connect the TX (from ESC board) to RX (at dongle board) ?

-Are you using very long wires between dongle to ESC board ?

Please share some picture of your connection in order to best support you.

Regards

G. Scuderi

Oh my god..

I checked my wiring, and I found that my Rx wire connected wrong.

Now, I can run with motor profile program and workbench too.

Thank you for your advice.

I love ST.

Laurent Ca...
Lead II

The question has been moved from the section "Motor Control Hardware" to the "STM32 Motor Control" section (the question is about the STM32 MC SDK). 

Best regards