cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring project for Keil rather than EWARM

ihsanoglu
Senior

Hello everybody

I am trying to configure a project for STM32F746-DISCO board with TouchGFX using CubeMx. A new project.

However , the article for configuring the board at this link explains the modifications needed for linker script and modifying the project for EWARM only, as far as I understand

I am using Keil , how can I modify the linker script in the same manner ?

I hope I didn't miss anything

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Abdullah İhsanoğlu​,

Some background info. Version 2.0.0 of the F7 based Application Templates in TouchGFX have been updated with the fixes in the articles that you refer to. But only for EWARM and gcc. There's no guide for how to do this for Keil yet, but the goal is that CubeMX should just produce working projects and until it does the ATs in TouchGFX will do that work for you - So, yeah, i apologize, but we're not quite there yet adding CubeMX + all compiler support for all ATs.

But it's a big red flag here because people are having such difficulty getting started with CubeMX+TouchGFX.

I promise i'll keep you updated once we progress on the issue.

If you send me your project, maybe i can take a look.

Best regards,

Martin

Well , first thank you for your reply I really appreciate it

So if I used gcc with eclipse ( Although I don't prefer to ) I will be able to compile the projects without any problems? If I understand this clearly I hope you breifly mention how to create such a template as the articles explaining for IAR only.

now , I would like to send you a project , but there isn't one. In fact I am trying to start an empty project to start development since I want to migrate from another framework to TouchGfx.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

İhsanoğlu

Also would you please clarify what does AT stands for?

AT stands for "Application Template", sorry. It's basically the template for an STM32 based board you select through the designer.

If you use version v1.1.0 of the AT for STM32F746G-DISCO from within the TouchGFX designer, you will have a Keil project (but no .ioc file) - How would that work for you?

0690X0000087anjQAA.png

Thank you .. this is more than enough for me .. I can setup whatever peripheral I need manually I don't really need CubeMx that much

I hope you can assist me with my other issue here in the link

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000AVTUlESQX/weired-bug-when-adding-typographies-to-the-project