cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I configure ETM tracing on an stm32?

AOlve
Associate

Hello, I am trying to use a segger jtrace pro debugger with an stm32303E-EVAL board through the ETM trace connector, however I am not seeing a signal on any of the trace pins including the trace clock when running my program. I've ensured I have continuity from the trace clock pin on the micro controller to the PE2 GPIO. When using the cortex-M Trace reference board included with the debugger I can see a clock signal on the scope. How can I configure ETM tracing on an stm32? Thanks.  

2 REPLIES 2

In Keil there is typically a debugger script (.ini) which pokes into RCC. DBGMCU and GPIO register to get clocks and pins into a suitable state. Usually a TRACE enable in DBGMCU. Some fiddle with ITM or SWD registers.

Search the file trees, usually a Blinky trace example, I will try to dig something up later.​

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

http://www.keil.com/support/man/docs/ulinkpro/ulinkpro_STM32F4xx_ETM.htm

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..