cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAILED to reset/halt the target MCU

Oladi
Associate II

when i connect my nucloe f411re with usb, there is a 32kb mass storage. Also st-link utility program doesn't erase chip it error and says "cannot connect the target" but it perform firmware uptade successfuly.

how can i reset the board? some people reset it with using some pin but i dont know how?

5 REPLIES 5
S.Ma
Principal

Search in the reference manual about the BOOT pin which is like a OS select at boot of a PC, when reset is released, the boot pin allows the core to start differently from the flash user code (and sometime enable reflashing when the user code is going AWOL)

Oladi
Associate II

I found the boot pin and try high and also low(gnd) bu nothing happen. I also give high and low(different time) NRST pin but again nothing happened.

Again; i try firmware update, and it's successfully but mass storage is full.

I try erase mcu and program cannot connect.

I try reset wia boot pin high and low, also NRST pin high and low.

I also do downgrade the older firmware, mass storage is change but again 32 or 16 KB but not 500.

Possible you've blown out the STM32F4 part. What were you doing immediately before you noticed the issue?

Can you measure 3V on VDD and NRST? Can you measure 1.25V on VCAP pins?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I measure 3.3 and 5v on board, it's seems working two pwr led on. NRST is 0 v.

I use long time ago, first I plug the computer, i update the firmware and realize board power header is on the e5v side, then i change it to u5v and i check the mass storage is 32 KB, i uptade firmware again but nothing happen... Sadly i don't check first time I plug the pc, maybe it's working correctly.

I don't have enough knowledge to run it or use it. Just straight forward. Plug the computer update driver and firmware then this happened.

All headers is correct, two on cn2, one idd(jp6), one u5v, two pwr led is on.

I don't know reset button, how it's working, press one or long or other type.

I also reset back of the board rst-sb11 short together.

Oladi
Associate II

I do something and board run as normally except mcu get very hot.

I connect to 5V power out to the IOREF pin and do nothing if it's connect board work fine but remove the cable turns faulty again. Maybe this help to figure out what happened the board.