cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why the MCU stm32L011F3 has so small flash memory?

lming.0
Associate II

the MCU stm32L011F3 has only 8k flash ,and without standard peripheral library, only HAL and LL library, as i know, the Optimization of HAL is lowest all of them, and LL driver is little Readiness,

can any one tell me, is that the HAL driver can execute successfully in stm32L011F3 ?

thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you want to use HAL then choose another model with bigger flash. 8K flash models are obviously targeted for simple applications written in CMSIS or even assembly.

You don't buy a little 2-place car and then complain that your entire family can't have a ride.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

If you want to use HAL then choose another model with bigger flash. 8K flash models are obviously targeted for simple applications written in CMSIS or even assembly.

You don't buy a little 2-place car and then complain that your entire family can't have a ride.

Lead

Flash is one of the most expensive components on the silicon, both in size and in costs.

There are many commercial mass market projects that screw Cube/HAL, and go for the cheapest MCU that does the job.

lming.0
Associate II

en ok,

thank you for your reply, i understand

thank you for your reply, i understand

i will do some optimazation for my project