cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody tried using CubeMx v5.0.1, Windows 10, STM32 embedded target for MATLAB® and Simulink® release 4.4.2 and Matlab 2016b in their code generation examples?

jessica
Associate II

I have tried using the examples to generate the code , but it seems it does not create an MDK-ARM project. I only see the Matlab generated files but no MDK-ARM project which I can flash directly to the device.

I was previously using Matlab 2015b, Windows 7, STM32 embedded target for MATLAB® and Simulink® release 4.1.1 and Cube Mx 4.7.1 and I have no problem generating the code from Matlab. Not quite sure if it is the Windows 10 causing the problem or something else. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Cyril FENARD
ST Employee

Hi @jessica​ ,

The version 5.1.0 of STM32-MAT/TARGET has just been released at the end of July 2019.

Be aware that a lot of changes were involved in this release (in detail, alignment with STM32CubeMX version 5.1.0).

It is strongly recommended to upgrade to the most recent version of STM32-MAT/TARGET.

Regards.

Cyril

Hello @Cyril FENARD​ 

Thanks for the heads up. Would you know if the G4 device is already supported in the latest version of the STM32-MAT/TARGET?

Regards,

Jessica

Cyril FENARD
ST Employee

Hi @jessica​ ​,

G4 devices must use the recent STM32CubeMX tool after 5.1.0 version.

With the release of STM32-MAT/TARGET at the end of July 2019, you are able to start using G4 in your Simulink model (Prepare/update configuration and tool path for STM32CubeMX 5.3.0 for instance).

An official version by the end of 2019 is planned for STM32-MAT/TARGET, which will demonstrate use-cases with G4.

Regards.

Cyril