cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No matter what i do the virtual com port will not show up using STM Defuse Demonstrator.

MWILL.17
Associate II

Im trying to set up a KISS FC and i can not get it to connect so i followed some tutrials and used the software but nothing is showing up so i cant complete any of the tutorials.

4 REPLIES 4

DfuSe Demo doesn't use a COM port, it is looking for an "STM32 Device in DFU Mode". For devices that support that, you need to restart the STM32 with the BOOT0 pulled HIGH, while being plugged into the USB connector.

The STM32 Cube Programmer tools can use the System Loader's USART or USB modes of operation.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MWILL.17
Associate II

im not even going to try and pretend to have any idea how to do that. I am just having an extremely hard time with this tutorial on how to get my device connected and nothing i am doing is causing the stm32 bootloader or anything to show up in my device manager so that i can connect.

I understand that bootloader is not the correct driver im lookiong for either but STM Device in DFU Mode never shows up for me.

Using what version of Windows? Win10 ?

Make sure the device is directly connected to the PC, do not connect through a hub or docking station.

Try different cables. Try different ports.

At the very least something should show up in device manager, even as an unknown device, unless the STM32 or USB connector itself is broken. Most flight controllers will instantiate as a VCP/CDC serial port in normal modes. Sorry not familiar with the KISS FC, would suggest working with the vendor.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..