cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After upgrading to TouchGFX 4.10.0 from TouchGFX 4.9.3 the display does not work.

Ameya M
Associate III

Hello,

I had started my project in TouchGFX 4.9.3 but I want to continue it in TouchGFX 4.10.0

So I upgraded the existing project.

And without making changes I flashed the same code.

But the board display does not work. It shows as per attached image.

Why is it happening?

Thanks,

Ameya0690X000006DpddQAC.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Mon2
Senior III

Hi.

1) What is the target display?

2) What is the host CPU / kit?

3) What is the compiler used for the compilation?

There are a number of bugs in the integrated tools but IAR and SW4STM32 are starting to stabilize. Keil is not recommended at this time due to the various raised bugs during compiling. Have not tested it yet but Cube MX 5.1.0 was released yesterday - you may want to test with it to see if the results are any better.

Either way, post back with your update.

Hi Mon2,

1) 4.3 inch TFT LCD with capacitive touch

2) Kit - STM32F746G-DISCO

3) MDK ARM C/C++ compiler

I am using Keil IDE

Thanks,

Ameya

Mon2
Senior III

Hi @Ameya M​ , believe that Keil integration is broken at this time. Have not personally tested the new CubeMX release from earlier this week (5.1.0) so you may want to upgrade and test again with a fresh project. IAR and SW4STM32 were found to be more stable.

Do review this webpage for your target kit to compare notes on if the wizard has generated the proper support code:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019884752-Configuring-STM32F746G-DISCO

One trick you can try is:

1) Close all programs.

2) Launch Touch GFX 4.10.0

3) Change the target to be your kit BUT be sure to select the v2.0.0 template from this start phase.

0690X000006DvtuQAC.png

4) Proceed to create a short GUI background with button, etc. for testing.

5) Generate the code. Simulate the code.

If this works, open the code folder (bottom right side of the TouchGFX tool.

Review to locate the Keil folder and launch the project. Allow for Keil to build your generated code.

Does that work? If not, then the Keil integration is still broken. From some limited experience, if the kit is upgraded to the v2.0.0 template, then the tool has been fixed.

However a word of caution, you will also see the CubeMX IOC file in the folders. Ok to test now and launch CubeMX but from our experience, if you allow for CubeMX to GENERATE CODE, the entire project will break once again. The fix AFTER you GENERATE CODE through CubeMX (5.0.1 - have not tested 5.1.0 yet) is to review and apply the fixes noted here:

https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019884752-Configuring-STM32F746G-DISCO

So, summary, TouchGFX on its own with v2.0.0 appear to work well.

If you launch CubeMX (5.0.1; not 5.1.0 - not tested yet) AND select GENERATE CODE, the project will break. To fix the broken project, apply the fixes from here:

It is a pain but works - we have followed this process for another target kit.

Please post your results.

Hope this helps.