cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX 5.1.0 Code Generation Warnings

therealergo
Associate II

Hi. I am using CubeMX code generation for the STM32F767VITx. I recently updated to CubeMX 5.1.0. Since updating, every time I choose to generate code, I get the following warning:

" - These IPs still have some not configured or wrong parameter values: [GFXSIMULATOR]" However, GFXSimulator is not used as a part of this project and has not had any of its parameters changed.

As far as I can tell there appears to be no way to actually disable the GFXSimulator itself, and no amount of clicking 'Reset Configuration' will make the warning disappear. The only method I have found to actually make the warning disappear is to set my clock to 200MHz, but I cannot use that clock speed for the project and that "fix" only seems to work half of the time.

This issue does occur on a blank new CubeMX project for the STM32F767VITx.

In addition, when this occurs a pair of files named 'gfxsimulator.c' and 'gfxsimulator.h' are generated, both of which contain a bunch of empty method declarations.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
MJord
Associate

The same issue after migration from a 5.0.0 project to 5.1.0 for a NUCLEO F429ZI. No use of GFXSIMULATOR configured in previous version.

mwin
Associate

CubeMX5.1.0生�?SW4STM32代�?第一次正确,�?新生�?之�?�,STM32F767IGTx_FLASH.ld�?��?空文件,file size = 0。怎么办?0690X000006DwZvQAK.png

S.Ma
Principal

As all tools, bugs lurks around. Most important is to check the generated code and see if it looks ok for debugging.

xgn
Associate II

Same for me. Migrated from previous version and GFXSIMULATOR is selected. Can't find any way to disable this function.

CWaec
Associate II

Same for me on a Nucleo-f746zg, but only after I enable the Interrupt of any function (tested with SPI and Timers).

• If I only enable the TIM or SPI function, no error is shown
  • If I enable the function and do not enable the Interrupt in the NVIC-tab, everything seems to to be fine. No error is shown
  • If I enable the Interrupt in the NVIC-tab and try to generate the code, the GFX SImulator error shows up
  • If I disable the Interrupt in the NVIC-tab again, the error is still shown, when trying to generate the code.
  • If I dissable the function completely (e.g. TIM), the GFX Simulator error does not show up any more during code generation