cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure TouchGFX for STM32H750

afici
Associate

Hi,

I'm trying to convert a project generated with GFX for F7, to H7, and also integrate it to one cubeMX generated project for atollic.

I'm at the point in which, app run (i think correctly,no hard fault), but I can't see any transfer to display frame buffer.

But I'm very poor of knowledge about this mcu and its periph,but also about touchgfx, so my first question are:

my board, as external memory, has only 64M qspi, but no SRAM/SDRAM, so I want use part of D1 RAM for frame buffer(it is 240x320 display RGB565, so I need only 150kB of th 512k available). Is it possible?

Does TouchGFX need RAM area reserved for build image before transfer to frame buffer?if yes, how I can configure it?

Why I never see trigger setupdatacopy or setupdatafill function?

I need to add code, apart taskentry, to view default screen?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

hi @afici​,

TouchGFX renders directly to framebuffer memory through CPU/DMA2D. It can be internal SRAM or external SDRAM, it doesn't matter as long as it is addressable and writeable.

setupDataCopy / setupDatafill are methods called when using DMA to transfer pixel data from qspi to framebuffer. TouchGFX is driven by external interrupts from e.g. your LCD (vsync). Nothing will be rendered if the HAL is not ticked. Can you check your H7HAL to see if your LCD interrupt is getting fired?

/Martin