cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1X-SATEL does not work on breadboard

Karan Kolhe
Associate III

I have VL53L1X-SATEL - Breakout board, I have successfully tested it on Arduino Uno/Mega using Sparkfun's Library (https://github.com/sparkfun/SparkFun_VL53L1X_Arduino_Library) . 

Now, when I connect the sensors's I2C lines on breadboard It doesn't work.

When I connect SCL and SDA of sensors to Controller's SCL & SDA respectively, It works perfectly.

What happens if I connect them breadboard and then to the controller? The reason I am doing this is I want to use two sensors so i have to connect them on breadboard and connect and SCL & SDA on same I2C bus.

3 REPLIES 3
andreaspiezia9
Associate III

Hi,

I'd like to work with VL53L1X-SATEL, but I can't find the documentation.

Can you help me?

Julien NGUYEN
ST Employee

Hi guys,

VL53L1X-SATEL data brief with schematic can be found on st.com by searching VL53L1X-SATEL 

To answer to k.kolhe1.5508372721541511E12's question: we do have two versions of satellite board for VL53L1X: blue color PCB version comes with the X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 pack can only be used with the expansion board X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 by connecting on the left or right satellite connector of the expansion board. The green PCB version sold in the VL53L1A1-SATEL pack can be used by connecting directly to a STM32 Nucleo board or to another microcontroller because on this satellite board there are voltage regulator, level shifter and pull up resistors SCL , SDA .... Which satellite version were you using?

We do have the official version of the VL53L1X Arduino library here:https://github.com/stm32duino/VL53L1X. I connected two green satellite boards on the Nucleo F401RE without the X-NUCLEO-53L1A1 expansion board and it works perfectly.

Thanks,

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Julien,

just a question: has the VL53L1X-SATEL  green PCB version distribuited with cover glass?

Thanks a lot