cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the STM32WB is it possible to use a proprietary 2.4Ghz protocol on the M0 processor?

AMcGh
Associate

We are looking at sending around 1Mb/s of data with a latency of under 1ms.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @AMcGh​ ,

You should contact your FAE for such request.

Best Regards,

Imen.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

The wireless group has had poor support/communication in the past, it would help if sales, marketing and support could show up here to promote the STM32W brands if they are being resurrected.

Historically ST has been very cloak-and-dagger when it comes to wireless products and opening things so they might actually be adopted. I will point to Semtech as a counterpoint where the parts are fully documented and the stack is completely open.

Unless the forum is used actively to support products in a more direct way you're going miss the prime opportunities to get the parts integrated into new designs, especially the smaller and niche ones.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MikeDB
Lead

Obviously not an STM part but why not just use an ESP8266 - that can support most 2.4GHz protocols and comes as a module if you want it.

Le Corre Pierre
Associate III

For STM32WB55, the M0+ coprocessor must be used with the wireless stack provided by ST inside the following package: https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-mcu-mpu-packages/stm32cubewb.html

The wireless stacks can be found under the directory Projects/STM32WB_Copro_Wireless_Binaries.

The complete procedure to use them is described inside the same directory.

Concerning your initial request, any proprietary protocol must be implemented on the M4 side. I suggest you refer to the following 2 examples for your specific case:

• Mac_802_15_4_FFD under Projects\NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Mac_802_15_4\Mac_802_15_4_FFD
  • Mac_802_15_4_RFD under Projects\NUCLEO-WB55.Nucleo\Applications\Mac_802_15_4\Mac_802_15_4_RFD
  • Those applications demonstrate how to use MAC 802.15.4 Association and Data exchange.

Those 2 applications must be used with the following wireless stack: