cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nucleo as ST Link ?

antonius
Senior

Dear Members,

How can I make my Nucleo L011 K4 as ST link ?

I want to read another STM32L0152 but it detects L011 always, how can I change it ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Lead

Isn't this covered in the user manual for said Nucleo board ?

Usually by removing some solder bridges, connecting the SWD lines to the target.

antonius
Senior

What's the pin for ST- LINK ? SWDIO, SWCLK and NRST ?

I have connected them but it's still detecting the chip on the board not external chip ?

What's SB combination do I need ? Disconnect VSS of on board chip ?

I tried pulling out IDD but, still not detecting external MCU

Thanks

It seems Nucleo-32 boards (as opposed to Nucleo-64 and Nucleo-144 boards) do not support programming external MCUs using their on-board ST-Link.

is it ? here's the schematic I saw

0690X000006Dl79QAC.jpg

Yeah, the ST-Link is directly connected to the on-bard MCU, without jumpers to route it to a SWD connector.

For example, you can see in Nucleo-64 user manual (see below) there is a section "Using ST-LINK/V2-1 to program and debug an externalSTM32 application". [Click Show More]

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00105823.pdf

In Nucleo-32 user manual there is no such section.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00231744.pdf

antonius
Senior

from schematic I can see a possibility using Nucleo 32 for external debugger , any clues ?

antonius
Senior

That's from Nucleo 32 Schematic, I should be able to use SWDIO , SWCLK and NRST for programming external board, if it can not , probably a software compatibility ?? 0690X000006DlIgQAK.jpg

I don't have all Nucleo boards.

But you can still try to cut the PCB tracks, and add your own connector.

Or get another Nucleo board with solder bridges.

My department afforded a Lauterbach debug pod recently, for about 3k bucks. Compared to such professional tools, ST-Links and Nucleos are dirt-cheap.