cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX, Atollic, TouchGFX framework Directory

MEder
Associate III

I have a STM32F746G-Discovery board and the CubeMX and TouchGFX project setup in Atollic.

Much of it is functioning. However when I went to edit in the TouchGFX​ Designer, I had compilation errors when generating code.

It seems the Directory  \STM32F746DiscoTemplate\STM32F746-DISCO\TouchGFX\touchgfx  is missing.

it is now in \Middlewares\ST

Now I have redundant copies on disk,  is there a solution?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
MEder
Associate III

​Here's the Output_CompileSimulator.log

Converting images

Compiling simulator/main.cpp

Compiling ../Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx///framework/source/platform/driver/touch/SDL2TouchController.cpp

simulator/main.cpp:1:51: fatal error: platform/hal/simulator/sdl2/HALSDL2.hpp: No such file or directory

#include <platform/hal/simulator/sdl2/HALSDL2.hpp>

^

compilation terminated.

../Middlewares/ST/TouchGFX/touchgfx///framework/source/platform/driver/touch/SDL2TouchController.cpp:17:51: fatal error: platform/hal/simulator/sdl2/HALSDL2.hpp: No such file or directory

#include <platform/hal/simulator/sdl2/HALSDL2.hpp>

^

compilation terminated.

simulator/gcc/Makefile:220: recipe for target 'build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/simulator/main.o' failed

make[2]: *** [build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/simulator/main.o] Error 1

make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

simulator/gcc/Makefile:212: recipe for target 'build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/touchgfx/framework/source/platform/driver/touch/SDL2TouchController.o' failed

make[2]: *** [build/MINGW32_NT-6.2/touchgfx/framework/source/platform/driver/touch/SDL2TouchController.o] Error 1

simulator/gcc/Makefile:182: recipe for target 'generate_assets' failed

make[1]: *** [generate_assets] Error 2

simulator/gcc/Makefile:40: recipe for target 'all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

eng23
Senior

Hello,

I think you need to exclude from build the folder simulator like this step:

10)     Close project properties. In the ‘Project Explorer’, go through the folders and for all ‘template’ files and other IDE types, use a right click menu ‘Resource Configuration’->’Exclude from Build’ (select all configurations) to keep them from being compiled. The same for the whole folders ‘build’ and ‘simulator’ under folder ‘TouchGFX’.

MEder
Associate III

​I think your referring to Compiling the Project in Atollic or other IDE.  I am referring to the Generate Code Button in TouchGFX designer. 

The Error occurred one more time while I had the Designer open as well as the Atollic Project. ( and with the toughgfx directory copied ) It might just be a oddball problem when both are open.  The '///'  in the Error log looks like a improper path, for some reason it does not occur all the time.

FYI, It was the first time that I had edited the original ToughGFX project after creating it via CubeMX.

Thanks

Ok sorry, you are right!

I have the same problem in TouchGFX Designer, but if I click Generate Code it compiles ok. This problem occurs only when the TouchGFX is compiling by itself (it seems like it compiles all the time).