cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TouchGFX Middleware in CubeMX with LTDC-DSIHOST - grayed out?

BBenn
Associate II

For an STM32F769I-EVAL, the option of "Display Serial Interface using LTDC-DSIHOST" for the Display Interface selection for a Graphics Framework selection = TouchGFX remains disabled (grayed out) even after I've gone through all the suggested reasons for it to be disabled.

As a general question - is there a way to see what CubeMX is flagging EXACTLY??

Specifically, I have TouchGFX selected as my stack, The LTDC is configured for RGB565 (16 Bits) DSI mode, DSIHOST is configured in video mode (RGB565 mode), DSIHOST_TE pin is configured, FMC SDRAM is configured. DMA2 is configured for MEM2MEM, half word...

I could use a clue, at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @BBenn​,

No remaining clues from CubeMX, i suppose? If no i will check with CubeMX team if STM32F769-EVAL supports TouchGFX yet (Some boards do not as of v5.0.1).

Sorry for the trouble!

Not so far - I explored "TouchGFX-STM32F7xx_Configs.xml", and I can't spot anything missing (except a real touch controller configuration, which appears to be filled in without input). Just searching for a clue...

@BBenn​ , what is it that you are attempting to do exactly?

To work with your STM32F769I-EVAL kit + TouchGFX?

If yes, suggest to NOT start with CubeMX but rather launch TouchGFX as a stand alone -> select the STM32F769I-EVAL target -> create your GUI story board -> proceed to use the gcc compiler which is applied behind the scene to compile your code.

Moving forward, to review the code that is auto-generated, you can launch the IAR 8.x project and use the IAR compiler to view the source code and folder structure. The IAR compiler does not require to be licensed since you will only be using the compiler as an editor. The gcc compiler will be used for all compilation.

From (more) days of trial and error, know that CubeMX will break your project if you attempt to allow it to modify any IOC project file linked so some of these kits. For now, you do not have the IOC generator as the TouchGFX template is on 1.1.0 but we have wasted days on trying to fix STM32F769I-DISCOVERY target using v2.0.0 template. This template is what you really require but for your target kit but as noted, once CubeMX touches this IOC file and you select GENERATE CODE from CubeMX, the working project will break.

For now, you may want to wait or be very patient to review what gets broken and/or generated by the gcc toolchain that you can use under CubeMX. Using the TouchGFX tool, you should be able to manually modify to use additional IP that CubeMX would have generated.

I am laying the foundation for a number of projects for the next few years - the first of them is a large format display. Because of this, I am willing to try to make STM32CubeMX work with TouchGFX and Atollic TrueSTUDIO. I've had success targeting an STM32F746G-DISCO board, and the next step is to go through the same process with an STM32F769I-EVAL board.

Giving up on STM32CubeMX is an option, but not until it is proven unusable for our project creation process. CubeMX provides a nice communication vehicle to our hardware engineers, and if the promise of middleware generation functions, it would make our job so much easier.

Hopefully, my feedback will help improve CubeMX at a minimum.