Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while linking project with TouchGFX and CubeMX

EEuge
Senior

Hello!

I try to create project with CubeMX 5.0.1 and TouchGFX Designer for Keil 5

I have done all steps as written in this tutorial https://touchgfx.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021620431-Configuring-STM32F429I-DISCO

But when I try to complie project in Keil 5, I have many errors

*** Using Compiler 'V5.06 update 4 (build 422)', folder: 'D:\Keil_v5\ARM\ARMCC\Bin'

Build target '429'

linking...

429\429.axf: Error: L6654E: Rejected Local symbol .text7 referred to from non group member Application.o(.iar.stackusage)

429\429.axf: Error: L6654E: Rejected Local symbol .text9 referred to from non group member Application.o(.iar.stackusage)

429\429.axf: Error: L6654E: Rejected Local symbol .text11 referred to from non group member Application.o(.iar.stackusage)

429\429.axf: Error: L6654E: Rejected Local symbol .text13 referred to from non group member Application.o(.iar.stackusage)....

...102 errors total

This is the project files

Help me to make project (compile and linking)

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @EEuge​,

Keil support regarding CubeMX/TouchGFX is currently not good. Projects won't build with success. So it's no fault of yours. Integration efforts are continuously on-going to try and get every compiler/MCU/Board combination up to speed and working.

The Tutorial you're linking to is meant for IAR mainly and we haven't looked into Keil yet. I assume you generated the Keil project with CubeMX as well - I simply do not know which state it is in, but i've seen your error reported generally by users before when generating Keil projects with CubeMX.

I'll try to keep this thread updated about progress in Keil support.

Best regards,

Martin

OK.

I create project with IAR 8. Works very good!

I tried to do next step:

I created project in CubeMX for STM32F429ZIT6. Not for board, but for 429 chip.

Tryiing to compile. I've got error "Error[Pe020]: identifier "vTaskSetApplicationTaskTag" is undefined C:\Projects\429Z\Middlewares\ST\TouchGFX\touchgfx\os\OSWrappers.cpp 106 

"

Can you look at project an tell me, what i've done wrong in cubemx?

Mon2
Senior III

@EEuge​ , please review the following thread and specifically the download document. It has everything you are after:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000A4pPgPSQU/stm32f2429-disc1-configuration-with-touchgfx-cubemx-50

Sorry - posted the wrong link earlier. Now corrected.

Please post your update after testing.

There is no answer to my question.

I wrote about " "vTaskSetApplicationTaskTag" is undefined" error

​Have you progressed on this?

Can you try with CubeMX 5.1? The issue with 5.0.1 was that it did not define the proper symbols. The Task and Idle tags are used to measure CPU load.

hello @EEuge​  go to the file "FreeRTOS.h" and find this instruction :

#ifndef configUSE_APPLICATION_TASK_TAG

#define configUSE_APPLICATION_TASK_TAG 0

#endif

change 0 to 1. That will fix your problem