cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743XI HDMI connections

BBV
Associate II

I am planning to implement STM32H743XI on my new design. And I am using the help of schematic provided for the eval board for the connection. I want to implement HDMI on my design too but the neither the schematic or the datasheet has the information or it's rather not clear to me. In the schematic of eval board there are even connections to connector and these look like they are HDMI but again its connected to NC pins of the controller. Does it mean the STM32H7 does not have HDMI interface support for now?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

It has a MICTOR DSI connector, the Z and Y steps of the H7 do not support DSI properly

For commercial accounts, speak to your local sales rep about road map expectations.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BBV
Associate II

Ok thank you for the reply, I understand now. If so can you please recommend ST32 microcontroller which has HDMI or DSI interface inbuilt already. I chose ST32H743XI mainly because it mentioned HDMI interface. I read in some other post that ST32F7 has DSI connections. Is it full fledged onnection for DSI? Can I use it to interface HDMI?

Thank you.

Well some of the mention HDMI in the CEC context.

The F469 and F769 support DSI

The STM32F769I-DISCO comes with a connector allowing for a DSI panel, or HDMI adapter.

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/b-lcdad-hdmi1.html

I expect the H7 to support DSI in future iterations, but you'll need to discuss the when/where with ST directly.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BBV
Associate II

Ok thank you for the details. I will get in touch with the ST local rep.