cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion of project from CDT build to make project

LThal
Associate II

True Studio gives you the option of creating a project as either a CDT project or a make file project. Is it possible to convert an existing project to a make file project?

6 REPLIES 6

Sure. In project properties->C/C++ Build->Tool Chain Editor

Select GNU Make Builder instead of internal builder

When you build the project you'll see the makefiles created in Debug or Release etc.

0690X000006DcFxQAK.png

LThal
Associate II

Yep, I found it a few minutes ago. For some reason when I try and modify the makefile it always seems to revert to the original. It's not set for read only, so I'm trying to figure that out. I'm trying to run srec as part of the post build process, but make is having a problem with that too. Oh well, one step at a time.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

It is possible to run Eclipse from command line to build the project without GUI. This even works for me on headless Linux machines (though with different version of CDT, for different targets). Converting a CDT managed project to a makefile is a pain.

-- pa

LThal
Associate II

The conversion was pretty simple once I found it. Now I have to get the post-processing commands to work.

LThal
Associate II

I got the post processing commands working. For anyone who might run into it, on Windows multiple commands are separated by ';' when doing a CDT build, but need to be separated by '&' when using a make file.

@Community member​ -You have to turn off "Generate Makefiles automatically" in C/C++ Build after you've generated your starting point; otherwise it'll keep overwriting it...