cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI Implementation for STM32

AMoha.81
Associate II

HI,

I have a working code on STM32 NUCLEO-L452RE, which captures two Analog signals, and calculates their arctan. Currently I can visualize these signals in STMStudio

I want to plot these signals as well as their ArcTan in a GUI/Dashboard that is cleaner/better looking than the STMStudio. I would prefer to build this dashboard on a Windows machine connected to the STM32 and look/feel similar to what is generated by AlgoBuilder.

Any help on this would be appreciated. I am open to using another STM32 Nucleo or Discovery board to achieve this.

1 REPLY 1
Geoffrey1
Associate III

There's a lot of infrastructure between your internal variables and the STMStudio display. I don't use STMStudio, but here's what I believe it does from the documentation:

1) Parses the binary from your application to find the addresses of your internal variables

2) Periodically accesses the internal memory of your stm32 through the swd debugger interface using stlink

3) Generates the display

To accomplish what you want you need to do (1) and (2); (3) is comparatively easy. To automate (1) you need to parse the elf file -- there are libraries that can do this. (2) requires speaking to the stlink interface. The shortest path would be to use openocd through a pipe. The actual low level command to read from memory is a pretty simple "rpc" over a (pair of) usb endpoints.

So, a lot of work.

A much easier approach -- messages across a serial port. For example, your application could just send the values periodically, then your application needs to open a virtual com port and read a stream of (text) values.