cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating Nucleo-L152RE to STM32L462CE

AP_040
Senior

I have developed my application in Nucleo-L152RE board by using Atollic Truestudio. Now, I want it to migrate to STM32L462CE MCU. So, how I do that in a quick way by using Atollic Studio? Can you provide some quick steps and settings which I have to change in Atollic studio for doing this stuff?.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member_SLS (System Level Solution)​ ,

I recommend you to follow this application note "AN4612 Application note Migrating from STM32L1 Series to STM32L4 Series and STM32L4+ Series microcontrollers" which helps you to migrate from STM32L1 Series to STM32L4 Series.

You can take this Application Note as reference to determine differences between the two series with give attention to pinout, peripherals and system clock...

The advantage of HAL library is that functions' names are the same for all series, so the migration from one device to another is not so complicated.

You may also start from the template project in the STM32CubeL1 package and then add your own modifications (new functions, new files)...

Maybe this video (migration using Keil) helps you to understand the principle of migration: https://st-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gettindstartedsmt32cubefinal.mp4

Kind Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

How easy this is depends on how well your code is abstracted.

I'd suggest creating a small shell project for the new target, get the clock, pins and USARTs up first, and then merge sections of code across, pulling and refactoring the peripheral support as you go.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
AP_040
Senior

Thanks for your valuable help. I have successfully migrate my application from STM32L1 to STM32L4.

AP_040
Senior

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

Thanks for you help..!!!

I have migrate my application all modules has worked fine except flash and there is one issue on writing the data into STM32L462CE flash memory.

I have checked and found that if we want to store data into flash memory, we have to store in 8 byte(double word) so, here my requirement is to store data byte by byte which is stored in char array. So, how can I achieve this? can you please help me on this.