cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32746G-Discovery board Demonstrations software binary file

S.Kamath
Associate II

I’m using STM32746G-Discovery board. Can you share latest Demonstrations software binary file?

I want to flash STM32746G-Discovery board with fully loaded Demonstrations binary file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @S.Kamath​ ,

The steps to follow in order to program your STM32746G-DISCOVERY board with STM32746G-DISCO_Demo_V1.5.0.hex are described on the file STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\readme.txt:

@par How to use it ?  

The QSPI external flash loader is not integrated with supported toolchains, it’s only supported with STM32 ST-Link Utility V3.9 or later. 

To load the demonstration, use STM32 ST-Link Utility to program both internal Flash and external QSPI memory. 

To edit and debug the demonstration you need first to program the external QSPI memory using STLink utility and then use your preferred toolchain to update and debug the internal flash content. 

In order to program the demonstration you must do the following: 

1. Open STM32 ST-Link Utility, click on "External Loader" from the bar menu then check "N25Q128A_STM32F746G-DISCO" box
  2. Connect the STM32746G-DISCOVERY board to PC with USB cable through CN14
  3. Use "STM32CubeDemo_STM32746G-DISCO_VX.Y.Z.hex" file provided under “Binary�? with STM32 ST-Link Utility to program both internal Flash and external QSPI memory
  4. copy the audio and video files provided under "Utilities/Media/" in the USB key
  5. Plug a USB micro A-Male to A-Female cable on CN12 connector
  6. Plug a headphone into CN10 Connector to hear the sound

==> The internal Flash and the external QSPI are now programmed and the demonstration is shown on the board. 

In order to Edit and debug the program, you must do the following:

• if not done, perform step 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 described above,
  • Open your preferred toolchain,
  • Use the IDE to update and load the internal flash content,
  • Run the demonstration.

Hope this will help you.

-Amel

PS: This is an old question, but I come back to answer it on your request shared with @Camilo LEMOS​ 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

I think I've posted versions I have to the forum.

STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.14.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32746G-DISCO_Demo_V1.5.0.hex

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Hi,
I have flashed latest FW file last week. But, display screen becomes distorted (less resolution).
How to fix this issue?
Resolution is good during ST logo boot-up screen
See attachments -
STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.14.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\Binary\STM32746G-DISCO_Demo_V1.5.0.hex
Best Regards,
Sadashiva Kamath
S.Kamath
Associate II

Thanks for response..! 

I have flashed latest FW (V1.5.0.hex) last week. But, display screen becomes distorted (less resolution).

How to fix this issue?

"ST logo" Resolution is looks good during boot-up screen. (Boot-up pix not attached)

See attachments -0690X000006DU1ZQAW.jpg0690X000006DU1UQAW.jpg

I think the images get pulled from external memory QSPI/NOR, you will need to select the appropriate External Loader for the STM32 Cube Programmer tool to write all the memories completely.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
S.Kamath
Associate II

​Is there any document available on programming STM32 discovery board with discovery demonstration software (STM32746G-DISCO_Demo_V1.5.0.hex) file?

Hi @S.Kamath​ ,

The steps to follow in order to program your STM32746G-DISCOVERY board with STM32746G-DISCO_Demo_V1.5.0.hex are described on the file STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.15.0\Projects\STM32746G-Discovery\Demonstrations\STemWin\readme.txt:

@par How to use it ?  

The QSPI external flash loader is not integrated with supported toolchains, it’s only supported with STM32 ST-Link Utility V3.9 or later. 

To load the demonstration, use STM32 ST-Link Utility to program both internal Flash and external QSPI memory. 

To edit and debug the demonstration you need first to program the external QSPI memory using STLink utility and then use your preferred toolchain to update and debug the internal flash content. 

In order to program the demonstration you must do the following: 

1. Open STM32 ST-Link Utility, click on "External Loader" from the bar menu then check "N25Q128A_STM32F746G-DISCO" box
  2. Connect the STM32746G-DISCOVERY board to PC with USB cable through CN14
  3. Use "STM32CubeDemo_STM32746G-DISCO_VX.Y.Z.hex" file provided under “Binary�? with STM32 ST-Link Utility to program both internal Flash and external QSPI memory
  4. copy the audio and video files provided under "Utilities/Media/" in the USB key
  5. Plug a USB micro A-Male to A-Female cable on CN12 connector
  6. Plug a headphone into CN10 Connector to hear the sound

==> The internal Flash and the external QSPI are now programmed and the demonstration is shown on the board. 

In order to Edit and debug the program, you must do the following:

• if not done, perform step 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 described above,
  • Open your preferred toolchain,
  • Use the IDE to update and load the internal flash content,
  • Run the demonstration.

Hope this will help you.

-Amel

PS: This is an old question, but I come back to answer it on your request shared with @Camilo LEMOS​ 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks Amel,

This is helped..! Some times it is worth to wait for the Best 🙂