cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32f769 LTDC + DSI only 1 frame then fadeout

frackers
Senior

I'm trying to run up a display with an ILI9806E controller but although I get encouraging flickers I only seem to get a single frame and then the display fades out.

I've tried turning on the pattern generator with HAL_DSI_PatternGeneratorStart(), same symptoms with a nice clear pattern that fades out.

This all points to my controller initialise being OK but no automatic refresh from either LTDC pushing SDRAM contents at the DSI or the DSI internals refreshing from the pattern generator.

I've set up the timing according to the Ilitek spec (as far as I can see) and tried randomly varying values by +/- 300% in case I've missed by a small amount!

Does anyone have any clues?

4 REPLIES 4
Warlord
Associate

Hello, frackers. I'm trying to bring up a DSI display with ILI9806E controller and using the same hardware blocks LTDC + DSI. Board is based on stm32h747 with 32MB SDRAM 16-bit width. LCD_DSI_VideoMode_SingleBuffer from STM32H747I-DISCO was taken as a start point. I have changed the initialization sequence according to found open source examples. LTDC and DSI timings were set too. I have checked that ILI9806E controller's registers were written and read properly. The display refuses to work properly. There are some strange stripes after filling the screen with a color... Also there is an inexplicable behavior in dynamics, while changing one color to another.. Have you succeeded to run up your display??

0693W000005ABKbQAO.jpg

frackers
Senior

I (eventually) received panel initialisation details from the LCD manufacturer. They were quite a lot different to what I'd started with from online trawling and after that everything just worked (apart from a couple of tweaks to the PCB layout on the DSI lines to improve stability).

So, I'd recommend talking to your LCD panel manufacturer as the init details will vary from one to the next.

Warlord
Associate

Thank you a lot. My display is KD050FWFIA019. Is not your the same??

PKunK.1
Associate III

Hi.

I am also trying to connect to the ILI9806E with stm32f469I_Discovery, and I saw your writing.

Can you explain the contents of your work?