cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the NDEF record to function after adding to tag? *Using ST25 android app*

CSeem
Associate II

I used the ST25 android app to write an NDEF uri record to a st25dv16k tag I designed, and when I read the memory I can see the coding for it, however, when I try to tap the tag with my wifi on, the phone does not go to the website encoded, it just reopens the ST25 app. Is there something I am missing? Do I need to further format the chip before the phone will respond to the command? This is my first nfc tag design and first time working with this chip and app.

Also, is there a way to stop the ST25 app from opening automatically whenever I use the NFC function on my phone?

Thanks!

Christina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello

In addition to previous advices, concerning native behavior, keep also in mind that for ST25DV16K, only Android with version 9 or above will manage correctly native behavior.

Android has been patched to handle correctly tags Type5 high density from version 9.

Hope this will also help taking into account tags density and native behaviors.

Regards,France

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
France Berthelot
ST Employee

Hello

Several items to check/follow :

• Do you have only an url or several records including an AAR ?
  • Native actions are linked to phone type. In most of cases url will natively start browser…. AAR will start application or go to Google store…if both record stored on tag, the actions proposed is phone implementation dependent.
  • First time on phone a native action is detected, phone ask you to continue with an association, with options like “always�? or “one time�?, .. Check that in phone application management a wrong association has not been recorded ? This will explain perhaps that you have recorded for an url the start of “ST25 android app�?.
  • If you record an url on tag and tap the tag with your phone, the phone should ask you to continue with some recorded application on it…. If not, check the association you have done on phone when detecting tag with content. If you do not know how, remove ST25 android app to break some wrong association done. Reinstall it after…..to play with. Doing this will possible offers you others alternative actions…and breaks links you accept previously.
  • “ST25 android app »  is perhaps an old one we provided, check that you have our last releases … https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.st.st25nfc .

Regards

France    

CSeem
Associate II

Hi France,

Thanks for the quick reply!

- I only used the url record, no others

- The ST25 app was opening automatically before I even added a record to the tag

I'll reinstall the app like you said and see what happens, because when I tap other tags that have been written ntag213 for example, my phone asks if i want to open the website, but doesn't seem to work with the ST tag, even though all my nfc apps read it fine.

Thanks for your help, and please let me know if you can offer any other advice!

Christina

Hello

In addition to previous advices, concerning native behavior, keep also in mind that for ST25DV16K, only Android with version 9 or above will manage correctly native behavior.

Android has been patched to handle correctly tags Type5 high density from version 9.

Hope this will also help taking into account tags density and native behaviors.

Regards,France

Oh okay, yeah the android os is definitely the issue then. Thanks so much for your help!!