cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for a keyboard widget

GMeur
Senior

Hi,

I wanted to know if you've any future plans of creating a keyboard widget? It'd drastically simplify the devolpment process of GUI interfaces for touch screens as creating a fully functional keyboard with all the functionalities one would expect of such is long and cumbersome.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @GMeur​,

I agree that keyboards are very common and also very tedious to implement. Have you already looked at the Keyboard Example from the designer?

Hmmm no. Where can I encounter it?

You can find it in the examples tab when creating a new application through the TouchGFX Designer.

0690X000006DQGWQA4.pngI'd given it a look before asking ofc and couldn't see it. Thought I was blind. But I definitely don't have the said tab.

Hi @GMeur​.

Pardon me for not being more specific. Press the "Blank ui" UI template to select a different one. You should then gain access to examples and demos.

Best regards,

Martin

We've just noticed a bug in the keyboard during our testing of 4.11.0rc - The input field will only hold a certain number of characters instead of measuring the width of the text to allow input from edge to edge. e.g. you can only input provide input for less than half the screen length when using short length characters like "i".