cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why?

oKall
Associate II

We started developing using one of the boards from the MATRIX-M24SR board, connected to our own hardware (via I2C), and got it up and running also with writing to the whole NDEF file, with no problem.

Then we developed a dedicated board including the M24SR64-Y. But for some strange reason, we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks. E.g.

Writing from address 0 – 15 works fine.

Writing from address 4 – 14 works fine.

Writing from address 16 – 31 works fine.

Writing from address 10 – 17 don’t work.

Writing from address 0 – 31 don’t work.

I have verified that there is no password on the NDEF, but still, it’s strange that I can write to the memory in small blocks, but no in larger blocks (> 16 byte).

We have tried replacing the onboard M24SR64-Y with one of the chips from a MATRIX-M24SR board, and then we can write with no problems to the whole NDEF file, so this shows that there are no problems with our hardware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JP Miller
Senior

​Dear customer,

As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues. For that, could you please contact your local support contact so that we can analyze what is going on and further assess if the issue is with the samples or not?

Please let us know if you need assistance with that.

Have a good day.

Regards,

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
JP Miller
Senior

​Dear customer ,

There is no restriction when writing data across a 16 byte block boundary.

The Update Binary command can be used on the I2C side up to the 'maximum number of bytes that can be written ' as specified in the CC file layout (ie 0x00F6)

If I understand correctly, your NDEF write works fine with the M24SR64-Y taken  from the MATRIX-M24SR Board on the board you are developing and it worked fine.

Have you tried to solder the M24SR64-Y IC that appears not to work on your board, on the MATRIX-M24SR and retry your test with MATRIX-M24SR . That could help us eliminate if there's an issue with the tag or something else.

do you have this issue with 1 IC only or multiple?

Have a good day,

Regards

oKall
Associate II

Dear JP Miller

I think we have tried everything, we have bought IC’s from different places with different week codes and we have not been able to find out what the difference between the IC from the matrix board and the IC’s we have bought are.

Here is a list of the weekcode for some of the M24SR64-Y we have used:

K737U, K839U, K649U does not work

K338U does work (MATRIX-M24SR board)

I have not been able to find anything in the M24SR64-Y datasheet, that could result in this kind of behavior.

Emne: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why?

​Dear customer , There is no restriction when writing data across a 16 byte block boundary. The Update Binary command can be used on the I2C side up to the 'maximum number of bytes that can be written ' as specified in the CC file layout (ie 0x00F6) If I understand correctly, your NDEF write works fine with the M24SR64-Y taken from the MATRIX-M24SR Board on the board you are developing and it worked fine. Have you tried to solder the M24SR64-Y IC that appears not to work on your board, on the MATRIX-M24SR and retry your test with MATRIX-M24SR . That could help us eliminate if there's an issue with the tag or something else. do you have this issue with 1 IC only or multiple? Have a good day, Regards

​Dear customer ,

The Update Binary command can be used on the I2C side up to the 'maximum number of bytes that can be written ' as specified in the CC file layout (ie 0x00F6)

If I understand correctly, your NDEF write works fine with the M24SR64-Y taken from the MATRIX-M24SR Board on the board you are developing and it worked fine.

Have you tried to solder the M24SR64-Y IC that appears not to work on your board, on the MATRIX-M24SR and retry your test with MATRIX-M24SR . That could help us eliminate if there's an issue with the tag or something else.

Have a good day,

Regards

We started developing using one of the boards from the MATRIX-M24SR board, connected to our own hardware (via I2C), and got it up and running also with writing to the whole NDEF file, with no problem.

Then we developed a dedicated board including the M24SR64-Y. But for some strange reason, we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks. E.g.

I have verified that there is no password on the NDEF, but still, it’s strange that I can write to the memory in small blocks, but no in larger blocks (> 16 byte).

We have tried replacing the onboard M24SR64-Y with one of the chips from a MATRIX-M24SR board, and then we can write with no problems to the whole NDEF file, so this shows that there are no problems with our hardware.

​Dear customer ,

If I understand correctly, your NDEF write works fine with the M24SR64-Y taken from the MATRIX-M24SR Board on the board you are developing and it worked fine.

Have a good day,

Regards

JP Miller
Senior

​Dear customer,

As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues. For that, could you please contact your local support contact so that we can analyze what is going on and further assess if the issue is with the samples or not?

Have a good day.

Regards,

Dear Mr. Miller

You write: “As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues�?

I am not sure I understand what you are asking for, but your description of the problem is close to correct.

What we see are that the IC’s taken from your Demo boards and placed on our board works fine !

But if we buy the M24SR64-Y from three different supplier’s with three different week codes they don’t work.

It seems to me that the problem is not an issue with the samples, but something ST does to the IC’s on the Demo boards that is not described in the documentation or something else related to the demo board IC’s that we don’t know.

We are in contact with the local support from EBV, Bo Vinge-brandt and he try to contact some experts on ST. NFC products, but everything takes time ☺ and we are just waiting to start a production of the first 1000 boards with the M24SR64 because we have a product launch the first of march!

So please help

Emne: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why?

​Dear customer, As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues. For that, could you please contact your local support contact so that we can analyze what is going on and further assess if the issue is with the samples or not? Please let us know if you need assistance with that. Have a good day. Regards,

​Dear customer,

Have a good day.

Regards,

Dear Bo and JP Miller I hope to hear from you later today – thank you! This matter is very urgent for us. Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj [cid:image002.png@01D4C766.E7806510] http://www.jk-medico.dk<> Knud Bro Alle 4D| DK-3660 Stenløse | Denmark Tel dir.: +45 88 80 78 32 | Mobile: +45 60 89 40 95 | Tel: +45 47 17 19 00 CVR: DK13832846 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Fra: Ole Kallshøj Sendt: 15. februar 2019 09:28 Til: 'Reply to ST Community' Cc: 'Vinge-Brandt, Bo (EBV)' ; Klaus Karkov ; Poul Jensen (poul.jensen@jk-medico.dk) Emne: SV: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? Prioritet: Høj Dear Mr. Miller You write: “As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues�? I am not sure I understand what you are asking for, but your description of the problem is close to correct. What we see are that the IC’s taken from your Demo boards and placed on our board works fine ! But if we buy the M24SR64-Y from three different supplier’s with three different week codes they don’t work. It seems to me that the problem is not an issue with the samples, but something ST does to the IC’s on the Demo boards that is not described in the documentation or something else related to the demo board IC’s that we don’t know. We are in contact with the local support from EBV, Bo Vinge-brandt and he try to contact some experts on ST. NFC products, but everything takes time ☺ and we are just waiting to start a production of the first 1000 boards with the M24SR64 because we have a product launch the first of march! So please help Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj [cid:image003.png@01D4C766.E7806510] http://www.jk-medico.dk<> Knud Bro Alle 4D| DK-3660 Stenløse | Denmark Tel dir.: +45 88 80 78 32 | Mobile: +45 60 89 40 95 | Tel: +45 47 17 19 00 CVR: DK13832846 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Fra: ST Community [mailto:community@st.com] Sendt: 15. februar 2019 09:00 Til: Ole Kallshøj > Emne: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? ​Dear customer, As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues. For that, could you please contact your local support contact so that we can analyze what is going on and further assess if the issue is with the samples or not? Please let us know if you need assistance with that. Have a good day. Regards, [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> JP Miller<> (STMicroelectronics) ​Dear customer, As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues. For that, could you please contact your local support contact so that we can analyze what is going on and further assess if the issue is with the samples or not? Please let us know if you need assistance with that. Have a good day. Regards, [cid:image004.png@01D4C766.E7806510] or reply to this email Replying to [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> ole.w.kallshoj1.5494616479824106E12<> (J.K.Medico ApS) asked a question. Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:05 AM<> M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? We started developing using one of the boards from the MATRIX-M24SR board, connected to our own hardware (via I2C), and got it up and running also with writing to the whole NDEF file, with no problem. Then we developed a dedicated board including the M24SR64-Y. But for some strange reason, we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks. E.g. Writing from address 0 – 15 works fine. Writing from address 4 – 14 works fine. Writing from address 16 – 31 works fine. Writing from address 10 – 17 don’t work. Writing from address 0 – 31 don’t work. I have verified that there is no password on the NDEF, but still, it’s strange that I can write to the memory in small blocks, but no in larger blocks (> 16 byte). We have tried replacing the onboard M24SR64-Y with one of the chips from a MATRIX-M24SR board, and then we can write with no problems to the whole NDEF file, so this shows that there are no problems with our hardware. [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> JP Miller<> (STMicroelectronics) ​Dear customer, As the behavior is different from 1 sample to another, we would need to further analyze the samples where you are seeing issues. For that, could you please contact your local support contact so that we can analyze what is going on and further assess if the issue is with the samples or not? Please let us know if you need assistance with that. Have a good day. Regards, Thursday, February 14, 2019 11:59 PM<> You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off ST Community email, log in<> as ole.w.kallshoj@jk-medico.dk.st. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". STMicroelectronics N.V. [https://community.st.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015b0000001qgEo&oid=00Db0000000YtG6&fromEmail=1]
JP Miller
Senior

Dear customer,

I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors.

Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)?

Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers?

Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier)

Regards,

Dear Mr. Miller

The reference on the board is just MB1120 ANT2.

We will come back with the files you are asking for.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations

Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj

Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards,

(STMicroelectronics)

Dear customer,

I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors.

Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)?

Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers?

Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier)

Regards,

(STMicroelectronics)

Dear customer,

Regards,

Dear mr. Miller Here are some of the file information you ask for: Here is the contents of the CC and the System file: This dump is from a chip that does work: CC File : 0x00 0x0F 0x20 0x00 0xF6 0x00 0xF6 0x04 0x06 0x00 0x01 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00 Sys File: 0x00 0x12 0x01 0x00 0x11 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x02 0x84 0x00 0x00 0x38 0x9D 0xDA 0x1F 0xFF 0x84 And this one is from a chip that fails when doing writes over 16 byte boundaries: CC File : 0x00 0x0F 0x20 0x00 0xF6 0x00 0xF6 0x04 0x06 0x00 0x01 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00 Sys File: 0x00 0x12 0x01 0x00 0x11 0x00 0x01 0x00 0x02 0x84 0x66 0x69 0xCE 0x48 0x4D 0x1F 0xFF 0x84 As I see it, there is no differences between the two, except for the ST UID unicity code We have only one NDEF file of size just below the available 8 Kbyte. I hope this answers the questions. Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj [cid:image003.png@01D4CE00.B739FE20] http://www.jk-medico.dk<> Knud Bro Alle 4D| DK-3660 Stenløse | Denmark Tel dir.: +45 88 80 78 32 | Mobile: +45 60 89 40 95 | Tel: +45 47 17 19 00 CVR: DK13832846 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Fra: Ole Kallshøj Sendt: 25. februar 2019 18:41 Til: 'Reply to ST Community' <0-pat8nyy11ilwn4.utuk8sqwf2fq3k8e.753kmkgny4nvtduj@4irz9h7knjmce5nd.cv2qj8de2hcnbhy.b-ytg6eak.eu10.chatter.salesforce.com> Cc: Klaus Karkov ; Poul Jensen (poul.jensen@jk-medico.dk) Emne: SV: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? Dear Mr. Miller The reference on the board is just MB1120 ANT2. We will come back with the files you are asking for. Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj [cid:image004.png@01D4CE00.B739FE20] http://www.jk-medico.dk<> Knud Bro Alle 4D| DK-3660 Stenløse | Denmark Tel dir.: +45 88 80 78 32 | Mobile: +45 60 89 40 95 | Tel: +45 47 17 19 00 CVR: DK13832846 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Fra: ST Community [mailto:community@st.com] Sendt: 25. februar 2019 18:26 Til: Ole Kallshøj > Emne: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards, [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> JP Miller<> (STMicroelectronics) Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards, [cid:image005.png@01D4CE00.B739FE20] or reply to this email Replying to [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> ole.w.kallshoj1.5494616479824106E12<> (J.K.Medico ApS) asked a question. Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:05 AM<> M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? We started developing using one of the boards from the MATRIX-M24SR board, connected to our own hardware (via I2C), and got it up and running also with writing to the whole NDEF file, with no problem. Then we developed a dedicated board including the M24SR64-Y. But for some strange reason, we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks. E.g. Writing from address 0 – 15 works fine. Writing from address 4 – 14 works fine. Writing from address 16 – 31 works fine. Writing from address 10 – 17 don’t work. Writing from address 0 – 31 don’t work. I have verified that there is no password on the NDEF, but still, it’s strange that I can write to the memory in small blocks, but no in larger blocks (> 16 byte). We have tried replacing the onboard M24SR64-Y with one of the chips from a MATRIX-M24SR board, and then we can write with no problems to the whole NDEF file, so this shows that there are no problems with our hardware. [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> JP Miller<> (STMicroelectronics) Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards, Monday, February 25, 2019 9:26 AM<> You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off ST Community email, log in<> as ole.w.kallshoj@jk-medico.dk.st. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". STMicroelectronics N.V. [https://community.st.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015b0000001qgEo&oid=00Db0000000YtG6&fromEmail=1]
Dear Mr. Miller You wrote:�? It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors.�? Could you please explain what you mean by a “different default configuration�? where and how? Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj [cid:image002.png@01D4CE01.AB6725E0] http://www.jk-medico.dk<> Knud Bro Alle 4D| DK-3660 Stenløse | Denmark Tel dir.: +45 88 80 78 32 | Mobile: +45 60 89 40 95 | Tel: +45 47 17 19 00 CVR: DK13832846 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Fra: Ole Kallshøj Sendt: 25. februar 2019 18:41 Til: 'Reply to ST Community' <0-pat8nyy11ilwn4.utuk8sqwf2fq3k8e.753kmkgny4nvtduj@4irz9h7knjmce5nd.cv2qj8de2hcnbhy.b-ytg6eak.eu10.chatter.salesforce.com> Cc: Klaus Karkov ; Poul Jensen (poul.jensen@jk-medico.dk) Emne: SV: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? Dear Mr. Miller The reference on the board is just MB1120 ANT2. We will come back with the files you are asking for. Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen/ Meilleures Salutations Ole Wiisbye Kallshøj [cid:image001.png@01D4CE01.729BF6A0] http://www.jk-medico.dk<> Knud Bro Alle 4D| DK-3660 Stenløse | Denmark Tel dir.: +45 88 80 78 32 | Mobile: +45 60 89 40 95 | Tel: +45 47 17 19 00 CVR: DK13832846 P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Fra: ST Community [mailto:community@st.com] Sendt: 25. februar 2019 18:26 Til: Ole Kallshøj > Emne: JP Miller answered you: M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards, [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> JP Miller<> (STMicroelectronics) Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards, [cid:image004.png@01D4CE01.AB6725E0] or reply to this email Replying to [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> ole.w.kallshoj1.5494616479824106E12<> (J.K.Medico ApS) asked a question. Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:05 AM<> M24SR64 we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks,Why? We started developing using one of the boards from the MATRIX-M24SR board, connected to our own hardware (via I2C), and got it up and running also with writing to the whole NDEF file, with no problem. Then we developed a dedicated board including the M24SR64-Y. But for some strange reason, we can only write to the NDEF file within 16 byte blocks. E.g. Writing from address 0 – 15 works fine. Writing from address 4 – 14 works fine. Writing from address 16 – 31 works fine. Writing from address 10 – 17 don’t work. Writing from address 0 – 31 don’t work. I have verified that there is no password on the NDEF, but still, it’s strange that I can write to the memory in small blocks, but no in larger blocks (> 16 byte). We have tried replacing the onboard M24SR64-Y with one of the chips from a MATRIX-M24SR board, and then we can write with no problems to the whole NDEF file, so this shows that there are no problems with our hardware. [https://community.st.com/img/userprofile/default_profile_45_v2.png?fromEmail=1]<> JP Miller<> (STMicroelectronics) Dear customer, I understand better the issue. Thanks for having clarified it. It might be a different default configuration between the ICs present on the MATRIX-M24SR and the ones from other vendors. Could you please give me the reference of the MATRIX-M24SR you have been using successfully? (reference could be MB1120 for example followed by a number)? Could you please provide the values of 1/ each of the system file fields, 2/ the CC files and 3/ the values of Bytes 0 and 1 of the NDEF file for the samples from the MATRIX and from one of the 3 suppliers? Please also describe all the different I2C commands in sequence that your application is sending to M24SR. Ideally if you could capture and send the trace that would be helpful (for the IC coming from the MATRIX, and for your other supplier) Regards, Monday, February 25, 2019 9:26 AM<> You're receiving emails when someone "Comments on my posts." To change or turn off ST Community email, log in<> as ole.w.kallshoj@jk-medico.dk.st. Are notifications about this post getting annoying? Reply to this email with the word " mute ". STMicroelectronics N.V. [https://community.st.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer?id=015b0000001qgEo&oid=00Db0000000YtG6&fromEmail=1]